Without judgement I offer to you what Newt Gingrich said yesterday regarding “Palestine” and the Israeli-Arab peace process. The mainstream media is judging him harshly, I’ll let my readers judge for themselves, point by point, whether what Newt said was correct. These are direct quotes in the order in which they were said during the interview with the Jewish Channel:
1. I believe if someone goes around saying you don’t have a right to exist, you probably shouldn’t be negotiating a peace treaty with them.
2. I think if someone says they wanna wipe you out, you should believe them.
3. Palestinian leadership continues to stonewall the peace process.
4. …I mean look, you have Abbas at the United Nations saying Israel doesn’t necessarily have a right to exist.
5. You’ve had 4 PLA ambassadors around the world who have said “Israel does not have a right to exist”.
6. In India, the PLA ambassador there said “if you think there is a gap between Hamas and Fatah you are kidding yourself”.
7. Remember, there has never been a Palestine as a state. It was a part of the Ottoman empire.
8. We’ve invented a Palestinian people, who are in fact Arabs, and have historically been a part of the Arab community. And they’ve had a choice to go many places.
9. Well, I think it’s delusional to call it a peace process. I mean, we have an armed truce with a Palestinian Authority that’s relatively weak. And on its flank is a Hamas authority which may become relatively weak, because it can’t deliver anything. But both of which represent an enormous desire to destroy Israel. And I think unless you start with…and frankly, given their school system and the hatred they teach in their schools, often with money that comes from us through the United Nations….
The entire transcript can be found here.